PACS Course Number 165
9 AM to 5 PM
William H. Engelleitner has over 40 years of broad experiences in agglomeration technologies, to add value to materials and solve problems. He provides consulting services. He is a board member and past president of the Institute for Briquetting and Agglomeration, and a Pittsburgh Chapter member of the American Chemical Society, Coal Technology Section. He teaches annual courses on particle size enlargement for the Center for Professional Advancement in the USA and Europe.
This course is designed for managers, engineers, operators, and researchers involved in activated carbon and applications where particle enlargement can be a part of solving the problem. Mr. Engelleitner has provided courses and arranged international courses, workshops and tutorials on agglomeration technologies. The major course content is listed below
This one-day course is held twice a year close to Pittsburgh International Airport; it is also regularly scheduled in major cities. This course can be provided at the client’s time and place. The course includes a course notebook, notes, and refreshments. PACS provides other courses on activated carbon and allied topics.
PACS courses related to activated carbon are titled:
- Activated Carbon Adsorption Principles, GAED, Practices and Opportunities
- Selecting the Best Activated Carbon for a Specific Application
- Activated Carbon Production and Sales
- Certification Issues for Activated Carbon and Residential Activated Carbon Water Treatment Units
- Design, Operation, and Troubleshooting of Activated Carbon Liquid and Vapor Phase Systems
- BioMass to BioChar: Renewable Carbonaceous Products
- Agglomeration Technologies for Particle Enlargement
- A Primer on Coal: Energy and Environment
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Simulations for Industrial Problem Solving
- Pressure Swing Adsorption and other Cyclic Adsorption Processes and Applications
- Photostability of Pollutants, Drugs and Other Substances
Course Registration is available. You may also register through an associated conference registration. Send it with a payment of $1250 to secure your course attendance. Hotel information and a map will be sent to confirm your registration. Please list your special interest(s) on the registration form. Enrollment is limited to assure your maximum course benefits. On-site PACS courses are available (most PACS courses can be provided at your time and place). Telephone PACS at 1.724.457.6576 if you need further information. PACS also provides laboratory testing and consulting services.
Agglomeration Technologies for Particle Enlargement
Course Instructor: William H. Engelleitner under the auspices of PACS
- This course is designed for managers, engineers, operators and researchers interested in activated carbon applications and other problem solving situations where agglomeration technologies can help solve problems or add value to smaller material.
- 1. Introduction to the field of agglomeration and definition of methods, processes and equipment, such as agitation, pressure, liquid and thermal agglomeration methods.
- 2. Brief history of major agglomeration developments and typical industry highlights.
- 3. Examples from industry, such as iron ore pelletizing, coal briquetting, extrusion of feeds, ceramics, granulation of mixed fertilizer, pharmaceutical compaction, granulation and tabletting.
- 4. Definition and examples of the role of binders for agglomeration.
- 5. Product Characteristics: durability, abrasion and drop resistance.
- 6. Agglomeration Systems: the importance of mixing, proportioning, control, post-treatment of agglomerates, metering of recycle, screening. The total turnkey system approach.
- 7. The cost of particle size enlargement.
- 8. Some common do’s and don’ts of agglomeration.
- 9. Case histories, examples, open forum, questions and answer session.
- 10. Specific applications of agglomeration of coal, coke, carbon, activated carbon.
View the PACS Short Course Calendar–>
Course participants are encouraged to e-mail questions:
Send samples and postal inquiries to:
409 Meade Drive
Coraopolis, PA 15108
Please list your special interest during registration. We will try to accommodate your interest.
Training is an Investment in employee employer Future!